Program a custom pay rate for working with a specific student that overrides the Pay Group rate.
You only need to program this function if the pay rate to be applied is different to that set up for the session type in the tutor's assigned pay group. Usually used for traveling a long distance to a student home or challenging situations.
This method does not work for sessions with multiple students as Oases will not know which student in the session from which to pull the personal rate.
If you don't want to program rates for all scenarios in each student's record, set a pay group as a base rate and use the matrix feature as an override only.
Invoicing & Payroll Grid
The invoicing matrix on the student Status page may be used to:
a) Override the default invoice rates programmed in the Private Session Types for all instances or just instances when tutored by a particular tutor.
b) Override the tutor pay rate in the pay group for all instances or just instances of a particular tutor.
c) Automatically split the invoice for a session for the student between 2 customers.
Program a Custom Hourly Pay Rate in Student Record
1. Navigate to the student's Status page in the student record. If the student has an enrollment selection of Private, there will be an invoicing/payroll matrix at the bottom of this page to program different items for this student. If you do not see this grid and you have admin or Coordinator access then the student is not a private pay student or this function has been turned off in Config Settings.
2. You may program many specific exceptions or one catch-all override. To add an override press the plus sign to add a new row.
3. Select a Tutor name if the pay rate override is tutor specific.
4. Select a Session Type if the pay rate override is session type specific.
5. Leave as default settings if the override applies to everything. So the options are:
- Tutor specific with all session types
- Tutor specific with a specific session type
- All tutors with all session types
- All tutors with a specific session type
6. If the override applies to 2 tutors rather than all tutors, they will need their own row.
Add Custom Pay Rate
7. Now add the pay rate for the combination you have selected. For items with no defined combination Oases will revert to the rates in the assigned Pay Group.
Press on the word Ignore and add your hourly pay rate with no currency symbol.
The example below details a pay group override for any tutor working with this student to 24.00 per hour for the session type called - Individual Private.
Program a Custom Percentage Pay Rate in Student Record
8. You may also add the pay rate as a percentage of the invoice. For this to work the session must be linked to the invoice via Invoice Outstanding or a session reconciled to an advance invoice prior to running payroll.
9. Press the green floppy disc icon to save your changes.
10. If the student is an Agency student the grid will only feature payroll information and no data associated with invoicing; these rates are set on the Location Program page.