Set a minimum pay amount for a session or a set payment for a session.
Set Pay - A tutor is paid a set fee for a session regardless of the length of that session.
Minimum Pay - A tutor is guaranteed to be paid at least a certain amount. If that amount is met due to the length of the session then normal rate is calculated.
Set a Minimum Pay Amount
1. In the Setup area select the pay group for this change.
2. Select the session type for which you wish to a set minimum pay.
3. Press the plus sign.
4. Add the regular hourly rate and the maximum number of students that could attend this session type. Add tiers in the normal way if the rate changes as the number of students change. In the example below the tutor will be paid 10.00 per hour for a no student style session.
5. Above the hourly rate for the required session type add your minimum rate.
6. If the hourly calculation is less than the minimum rate Oases will pay the minimum rate.
In the example above for a session type of Meeting/Tutor Training the hourly rate is $10.00 per hour with a minimum pay of $25.00.
For a one hour session the pay would be $10.00 which is less than the minimum so Oases will calculate pay of $25.00.
For a two hour session the pay would be $20.00 which is less than the minimum so Oases will calculate pay of $25.00.
For a three hour session the pay would be $30.00 which is more than the minimum so Oases will now forget the minimum and use the hourly rate and calculate pay of $30.00.
Set a Set Pay Amount
Set rate is an extrapolation of Minimum pay created by removing the hourly rate.
7. If you want to pay a set session rate then place the set rate in the minimum rate box.
8. Press the small plus sign underneath and enter zero for hourly rate and the max number of students that could be on that session type. Add tiers in the normal way if the rate changes as the number of students change.
In the example below, regardless of the length of session the tutor will be paid $20.00 straight.
Session Type List
As per normal pay rates added to pay groups, the (None Defined) will not display when a specific rate is set per session type.