A review of items that must be complete prior to running payroll in Oases.
To Have in Place
1. Pay Groups - One of the major principles of running payroll in Oases is that if the sessions, pay groups and any pay group overrides are accurate, then the payroll will be accurate.
2. Approved Sessions- No pay will be calculated for any sessions that have not been created, nor will any pay be calculated for sessions that have not been approved.
Approve Your Sessions
3. When you are preparing to run payroll you will need to pull up the sessions either in the session grid, calendar or payroll page and check that as many sessions as possible have been approved. If a tutor has not submitted a session then it is okay to leave it and it will be picked up in the next payroll run.
4. On the session grid you are looking for a check mark in the approved column to confirm that sessions are approved. You can filter the session page to show any sessions that have not been approved for speed and accuracy.
5. In the Calendar you will check the status of sessions by making sure the calendar is set to show Color by Status. Approved sessions will be green.
6. In the payroll grid approved sessions will also be green.
Do Not Approve Mistakes
7. An approved session does not guarantee accuracy. The session must be checked for accuracy before being approved.
Check Your Sessions in Payroll
8. Check your payroll page to make sure all sessions have an amount to pay. If not allocate a pay group to the staff member or make necessary updates to the relevant pay group.
Payroll Calculation Popup
9. Hover over a session to receive more information about that session and how the calculation was made:
10. A popup will appear with the following information to help with any questions:
- Session ID
- Session Type
- Class number
- Time & Duration
- Number of Students
- Pay Rate
- Pay Group or Override Rate
11. The bold information tells you if the pay group has been overridden by a personal pay rate programmed in the student record.
12. If the tutor has not submitted the SESSION or you have not been able to approve it due to an error or internal policy the session will have to wait to be paid in the next available payroll period after approval.
However, if you do need to make any changes you can go directly to the session concerned by pressing on the colored pay amount in the payroll grid.
You will need to refresh the screen for the color protocol to update after you have made a change.
13. If the amounts are zero and you were expecting a dollar amount, check that you have a pay group assigned to that staff member that will catch that session and the pay group has been programmed correctly for the session type.
14. If you use the reimbursement field in a session to log expenses for your staff pull and filter your reimbursement report or create a custom report that will total your reimbursements for you. Have this report ready before totaling payroll.
Payroll On Review
15. There is a configuration switch in Oases to send sessions to payroll as ready for closeout at the REVIEW status. If this suits your workflow make this change in Setup - Other - Config Settings - Payroll - Session Pay Status.