Follow the steps in this tutorial to get your Oases database ready for roll-out.
You may also download the Implementation Planner and follow the steps there, marking them off as you go.
Just press on the link below to copy a Google Sheet with step by step instructions and planning tools.
As you move around Oases you will see circular dot icons with a small i in the middle. Hover over these dots for help and links to relevant tutorials.
If you have contracts with outside agencies set up these programs in Oases.
Basic Setup Items
1. Your database will come with one Program named after your company and some generic service delivery locations inside the Program.
See these by pressing on Locations in the main menu. On the Location list you will see your state and program and if you press Locations on the last sub menu tab you can view and change the service delivery locations.
Add new programs or activate USA school districts if required. You will need a separate program for any contracts with schools or agencies.
2. Set your Subjects & Levels to be able to mark off in staff records the items they are qualified to tutor or assign a Subject and Level to a session.
3. Set Specialist Areas to record back up skills and traits of your staff.
4. Edit the Application packet items if necessary.
5. Set Session Types or edit the default session types provided.
Before working on your session types you need to decide the type/s of tutoring you offer; there are three main types:
a) Private Pay - Paid for by a Private Individual before or after tutoring has occurred.
b) SES - Paid for after tutoring by a contract that pays for each student hour.
c) ELT - Paid for after tutoring by a contract that pays for each tutor hour regardless of number of students.
6. Define your Instructional Focus codes. These are the subject codes in a session under-which the student's time is added (or split).
If you will be using the Achieve Test then you must keep the codes of MA or LA to run the test. If you will be creating Learning Plans with goals and standards keep the code for the standards you will be using.
7. Check and familiarize yourself with the data held in a staff record by looking at your record in Oases to see if Oases has a field for all the data you wish to store. Create any Custom Fields you may need before adding data or importing records.
8. Add your Staff.
9. Email your staff the first tutor training video link so they may learn about Oases and how to login even before you create their login.
Create Staff Logins
Tutors will log into a simple interface called TutorPlace, this is handled automatically by Oases.
Optional: If you would like to put a Tutor Login button on your website publish this code to a full width website page for white label TutorPlace login.
<div id="oas-wrapper" style="min-height:500px"></div>
Creating a staff login will automatically send the Welcome email to the staff member and ask them to set their password. Prior to creating logins check the text of the email template and make any changes or add text or a logo as required.
You may find the template in Setup - Other - Template Setup - Welcome/Verify Create or Change Password email for Employee. Make any changes as required but do not remove the sign up link macro.
Adding Students with Linked Customer Record
11. Check and familiarize yourself with the data held in a student and customer record by looking at Fake Student and their parent/customer record in Oases to see if Oases has a field for all the data you wish to store. Create any Custom Fields you may need before adding data or importing records.
12. Add your Private Pay Students with attached Customer records.
13. Add your Contract or Agency Students.
15. For Private Pay tutoring confirm each student has a customer attached who will be paying the bill. You can check this quickly by pressing the crossed arrows icon at the top of the student grid. If the student has a parent/customer record attached there will be a green disc in the PT column.
White Label Customer Login
Optional: If you would like your customers to log into Oases via a white label interface on your website publish the white label customer login to your website.
To find the code to publish: Go to Setup - Other - Marketplace and copy the personalized snippet code and publish to a full width page on your website.
16. Now would be a good time to decide the automatic emails you would like Oases to send. Go to Set Up and choose Config Settings and open the Emails section and make your selections.
Mandatory Advanced Invoicing
18. Invoicing must be done in advance for sessions that will be using a Date Range Session Type only. If you are not using this session type you may invoice after scheduling and skip to the next section.
Scheduling & Sessions
19. Create schedules for your students.
20. Monitor the sessions to ensure they are being submitted by the tutors/instructors in a timely manner. Communicate timescale expectations to your staff. Within 24 hours of session ending for example. Tutorial T5 in the tutor training suite shows them how to do this.
21. Once Submitted by your staff, the session needs to be checked for accuracy and Approved by the office. Larger companies may wish to have supervisory staff Review the session prior to Approval but this step is not obligatory.
Approve sessions by filtering the session grid to Submitted but Not Reviewed and Not Approved to view the sessions you need to work on. You can also check for orange sessions in the calendar.
Pull Scheduled Sessions to Invoice
22. Private Pay Sessions - You may pull a scheduled session to invoicing at any time even before the tutoring has taken place. This is called Invoice Outstanding as you are invoicing outstanding sessions that have not yet been invoiced.
24. Add any payments to a customer's account whether an advanced deposit or payment to an invoice.
26. Familiarize yourself with the configuration items in set up by going to: Set Up - Config Items and read about the many items you can change.
Outbound Email via SMTP
27. Process outbound email via your SMTP server to show emails to your customers coming from you and not Oases by letting us know the following in a support ticket:
- Email address to use as the send email
Password for that email address
Name to associate with the account (such as your company name or customer support or similar)
SMTP encryption (tls or ssl).
28. If you have any questions as you get your database set up please submit a support ticket for help or book one of your online help sessions with the link emailed to you when you signed up.
Should you wish to book Concierge Assistance where we import data, build reports, WebForms or generally work in your database for you, the charges are $75.00 per hour.
Important Note about Multiple Tabs
A. If as part of your set up you need to log in as your fake Tutor or Customer or any Access Level other than Admin please log out as an Admin first or use a different browser. Logging in to Oases as an Admin on one tab and a Tutor on another tab in the same browser at the same time will cause permission conflict and for security reasons your login may be downgraded to the lowest access level. Clear your browser cache if this happens and if Admin access is not restored email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. If using multiple tabs to work in Oases ensure you do not perform the same function at the same time on the different tabs. For example if you open the new payment tab for one customer in one tab then open the new payment tab for another customer in another tab and save a payment you may get payment conflict. If you are on different browsers or computers this is not an issue.