Oases users with an Admin login may submit a help ticket for assistance with Oases or report a concern or problem.
Due to the security of child data other access levels (Coordinator, Lead Teacher or Tutor) are requested to direct their questions to an Admin who can submit a ticket on behalf of the other user to report a problem when the Admin has confirmed that there is a problem versus user error.
For this reason we are not able to help anyone gain access to the Oases system by phone. The only person who can gain assistance accessing the Oases system by phone is the account owner and Oases will at that stage take additional steps to confirm identity.
To help us respond to your questions faster and in the first response:
- Submit one ticket per question or request.
- Per above, please do not mix different items in one ticket. Tickets are often sent to different departments, it will delay your overall response if one item is waiting for the ticket to come back.
- Include all info for us to know what you mean. It's in context for you but not for the Support Team, we will not be able to help you as fast as we could if we know what you mean.
- Do not report issues on behalf of another user unless you understand and can reproduce the error, making sure to include the steps you have taken to reproduce the problem with examples.
- If you have two tickets open and need to respond, take care to put your response in the correct ticket. This is crucial if replying by pressing reply to an email response from us - please refrain from answering two tickets in one response.
- If you are away from Oases, email firstname.lastname@example.org to open a new ticket. Please give your email a subject of your question and type out your question. Do not forward to this email address from other ticket responses unless you want to add to a prior ticket.
- Include Examples such as session numbers, names, screen names, screen shots etc so that we may see the data for the question.
Reporting an Issue versus Help with User Errors
If you have made an error with data entry or need help sorting out a problem we can offer Concierge Service help or a Forensic Analysis on certain items. These services will be charged at $12.50 for 15 minutes and you will be asked to agree to the charges before any work begins.
How to Submit a Ticket
1. From your Oases database hover over your name top right and drop the menu and select SUPPORT.
2. A new tab will open with the Ticket Center and the Knowledge Base. To access the ticket center press Submit a Request next to your name, top right of this new tab.
3. Fill out the subject, description, priority and type. Attach any documents or screen shots that may assist the support team.
In the description be sure to include the name of the student, staff member, session number and any details that will help us answer your question. Please keep in mind that the issue may be in context for you as you are working with your data but will not be in context for the support staff.
What you are working on and why.
How you navigated to the area (which links or menu items).
What you did.
What you expected to happen and why.
What did happen.
Any actions you have taken to correct the issue.
The exact time that any issue occurred to the best of your ability.
4. When you are finished press SUBMIT.
5. Press the arrow by your name and select MY ACTIVITIES to see a list of your tickets.
Reply to a Ticket Response
Ticket replies can be done in two ways:
Through the ticket
Press reply to the email copy of our response.
Reply via the ticket
6. From your Oases database hover over your name top right and select SUPPORT from the menu.
7. A new tab will open with the Ticket Center and the Knowledge Base. To access your tickets press My Activities at the top of the screen.
8. A list of tickets will appear. Open the ticket by pressing on the ticket name and enter your reply and press submit.
Reply via Email
9. In your email inbox press reply to the ticket and your response will be added to the ticket in the ticket system.
View Tickets from other Admins in Your Company
10. From your Oases database hover over your name top right and select SUPPORT from the menu.
11. A new tab will open with the Ticket Center and the Knowledge Base. To access your tickets press My Activities next to your name at the top of the screen.
12. Press Organization Requests to view all tickets submitted by any Admin in your company. You may read and reply to the ticket.
Important Note about Ticket Subjects
13. When submitting tickets the title of the ticket is searchable in your ticket list. Therefore, should you have multiple questions please submit multiple tickets each with its own title to enable you or other Admins to search and read back through a ticket at a later date.