Customer Purchasing allows existing private pay customers to log in with their parent/customer login credentials and create an invoice and pay for that time for their student/s, which may then be scheduled at a later date.
Customer Purchasing needs to be set up for MarketPlace 2.0 if selling hours.
Setting up Customer Purchasing allows you to decide which session types to send to Customer Purchasing and whether to give them a different name for the customer view
1. Credit Card Processing through Oases is Required for this feature.
2. Customer Logins is required if not using MarketPlace.
3. The private pay billing module must be active in your Oases database. If you do not offer private pay tutoring and wish to do so please activate this module in Config Settings.
Send hours to Customer Purchasing
4. Go to Set Up.
5. From the section named Other, select Customer Purchasing.
6. Add a row if required and in the second field select the session type you wish to send to Customer Purchasing and then in the first field create a customer facing name for your session type if necessary. Give it the same name as the session type if appropriate.
The Default Minutes column is for use with MarketPlace 2.0 only.
In the above example I have chosen to describe a session type named individual private in my database as Subject Tutoring Per Hour as the customer facing name.
7. Save the items you have set up.
8. If selling a package of hours make sure that the session type is set up as a package. An 8 hour package looks like this in Configure Session Types.
If I am selling a chunk of 8 hours the session type is programmed as 480 minutes for a total of $600.00 for that 480 minutes.
9. As soon as you save your Customer Purchasing set up screen, the Buy Services button will be available on the customer login.
Test Your Settings
10. Log in a a fake parent and on the Billing Tab press the Buy Services button. If you don't see the Buy Services button check you have saved your Purchasing Options and have Credit Card Processing active.
11. Via the standard Oases login the sessions you just programmed will be available for selection as shown below.
12. When the customer presses Buy Now an invoice is created. They may then use the Make a Payment button to pay the new invoice and Request a session from the calendar to schedule the time.
If you are using MarketPlace to sell hours, visit your Storefront.
13. If you have split invoicing set up for a student's services to be shared between two customers, Oases normally creates the two invoices automatically portioning the cost per the saved breakdown. If one of those customers or parents orders services with Customer Purchasing the bill will not be split by Oases and will be the responsibility of the ordering parent in its entirety.