If you apply tax to any of your services you will need to set up tax rates in Oases and apply them to a session type.
Setup Tax Rates
1. Hover over your name at the top of the screen and select Setup.
2. In the Company section select Tax Rates.
3. Press Add Row for each tax rate.
4. Name your Tax and add the percentage with no symbol as shown below.
5. Save your tax rates.
Apply Tax Rates to a Session Type
6. Hover over your name at the top of the screen and select Setup.
7. In the section named Other, select Configure Session Types.
8. If a Session Type is taxable press the pencil in the tax column.
9. Select one or more tax rates for the session type and press Save. Then save the entire Configure Session Types page.
10. The tax rate/s selected will be applied to any invoice containing the session type. Keep in mind you may need to have two session types if the tax will not apply to all circumstances, for example: Summer Camp Taxed and Summer Camp Non Taxed.
The invoicing rate you program should not include tax as this will be added by Oases at invoicing.
Proportional Tax Rates
11. If your tax does not apply to the entire charge for a session type set the absolute or percentage that is to be taxed when allocating the tax rate to the session type.
This is a finite figure that the tax will be applied to. So if the session type bills at $100.00 and the tax is to be applied to $38.00 of that $100.00 - add 38 as your absolute.
This is a percentage that the tax will be applied to. So if the session type bills at $100.00 and the tax is to be applied to 50% of that - add 50% as your percentage.
12. Save the Configure Session Type page.