When a session has taken place it needs to be closed out by adding information and submitting the session to the office.
Watch video and/or scroll down for written instructions.
1. Open your completed session from the calendar or the attendance tab in the student record.
2. Confirm the date, time and duration are correct. Make changes where necessary.
Add Student Session Note
3. Add a student session note.
4. If there is homework press on the Assignment button to open the assignment area.
5. Press the plus sign to add a new assignment.
6. Add assignment info as required.
Add Private Note
7. Add private note to session if there is information to be recorded such as mileage driven or a private note for the session record.
8. Press the pencil to open the notes area and add note.
View Edit Session Custom Fields
9. Press the Folder icon at the bottom of the session to open Custom Fields to review or add data.
Upload a Document
10. Press the upload icon at the bottom of the session to add a document. Documents added to a session will show bottom left.
Add a Subject & Level
11. The subject & level field will be open when you enter a session if a subject or a subject & level have already been entered. Add a subject & level if required by your employer by pressing the book icon and select a subject then level.
12. Press Submit then Close. The submit tells the office that you are finished with the session and and they can move it to the next stage.
13. Once the next Review and Approve stage is complete you will be able to open your sessions but not make any changes.
Time Zone Compatibility
14. Sessions created in Oases in a time zone other than the Program time zone will show in the TutorPlace calendar in local time per the browser used to login. When the session is opened the time will be in the Program local time with the time zone underneath.
15. In the graphic below the example session is showing at 1pm local time (EST) for the tutor.
16. When you click on the session the time zone of the Program in Oases is displayed with the timezone written underneath. If there is no time zone under the start time then the session is in the local time of the Program.
Session Instructional Focus
17. The session instructional focus is a code underwhich the student's time is stored for reporting purposes and is set automatically when a session is created based on settings in the student record.
You may be instructed to change the IF code if the student did not attend the session or if the time needs to be split to two IF codes.
18. The IF code is student specific and to access the IF area press the Details button in the student area of the session as shown below.
19. You may add a second IF and split the time or delete the IF and add a new one to move time to a 'No Show' code for example.
- Press the plus to add an IF code
- Press the time to change allocation
- Press the trash can to remove an IF code
Student Name Color
20. Student names in a session can change color depending on the type of student and the hours they have used or have left.
- Blue - In Credit
- Red - Finished hours
- Orange - Low on Hours
- Green - Pre-purchase of hours not required, scheduling open
Hover over the names for a pop up with hours information.