TutorPlace is a simplified version of the Oases interface for users with a Tutor access level. Featuring functionality for tutors to perform tasks on an intuitive interface. The login may be published to your website for a full White Label tutor experience.
TutorPlace works for the Tutor access level only and may not be viewed by Admin, Coordinator or Lead Teacher access levels who have additional permissions to work as a tutor. (Access level is not tutor but Tutor Check Box is active on Permissions Tab)
Decide If Your Tutors Will Use TutorPlace Only or be able to Switch
All new Oases customers will default to tutors using TutorPlace only.
The default setting for existing Oases customer databases is for tutors to be able to switch between the regular user interface and TutorPlace.
If you would like your tutors to use TutorPlace and only TutorPlace from the moment they first login please update the setting in your Config Settings.
1. Admins go to Setup - Company - Config Settings - Staff
2. Change the TutorPlace Interface from User Choice to Always and save.
TutorPlace can be used by users with a Tutor access level.
If the Interface setting is set to User Choice tutors may switch from their main menu when logged in as shown in the graphics below.
If set to Always the tutor will be directed to TutorPlace and will not be able to switch.
3. To host a white label TutorPlace interface login on your website publish this code to a full width page on your website.
<div id="oas-wrapper" style="min-height:500px"></div>
4. If you do create a login via your website don't forget to include the link in the email template that is sent to new users when their login is created.
Admins go to Setup - Other - Template Setup - Welcome/Verify create or change password email to employee.
5. Add text below the sign up link as required via the sample in the graphic below but replacing the tutor link with the URL for your website.
Tutor Place is designed to be quick and simple for basic tutor tasks. Therefore, not all tutor functions are available via TutorPlace. Should you need your tutor to perform functions that are not included please use the regular Oases interface for your tutors to login.
6. The system logs directly into the calendar and consists of alert icons, the calendar, students and the tutor's account page only.
Messages, Alerts & Tasks
7. Tutors may receive messages, alerts and tasks which appear on a simple panel at the top of the page. With a numbered badge if there are items to view. They may also leave feedback.
8. Student name and address and click to call not available.
9. These may be created by the office team or by the tutor as required.
10. Additional Function - Tutor may add a new session to an existing schedule.
11. Click to highlight in grid not available.
12. For Sale button info not visible.
13. Instructional Focus codes are visible and may be changed but there is no longer a differentiation between tutor and student time via TutorPlace so a 1 hour sessions is one hour for the tutor and one hour for any students on the session with time allocated to the first checked Instructional Focus in the student record.
14. Lessonspace Integration is fully operational.
15. The Student Tab shows a simple list of students for the tutor following the rules as selected in your Config Settings, either:
a) Just Assigned Students in the list.
b) Assigned and Tutored Students in the list.
Active and Inactive students will show together. Be sure to un-assign tutor if you don't want inactive students to display.
16. A simple interface that saves automatically when updated.
Student custom fields are included on the Notes/Docs page.
Miscellaneous fields and student Bio show at the bottom of the Contact Info page if tutors have permissions for the Status items.
17. Tutors may access their payroll records via TutorPlace.
18. TutorPlace will only respond to the following permission changes:
- Student Details - Contact Information Tab
- Student Details - Notes/Docs Tab
- Student Details - Learning Plan Tab
- Student Details - Test Tab
- Student Details - Progress Report Tab
- Student Details - Attendance Tab (will also control assignments)
- Student Details - Status Page Items
19. TutorPlace works best with the Chrome browser.
20. Use devices in landscape.
Time Zone Compatibility
21. Sessions created in Oases in a time zone other than the Program time zone will show in the TutorPlace calendar in local time per the browser used to login. When the session is opened the time will be in the Program local time with the time zone underneath.
22. In the graphic below the example session is showing at 1pm local time (EST) for the tutor.
23. When the tutor clicks on the session the time zone of the Program in Oases is displayed with the timezone written underneath. If there is no time zone under the start time then the session is in the local time of the Program.