If permissions are changed in Oases:
A Schedule in Oases is an Assignment or Relationship between your employer and a client and their student/s for a particular subject or service.
It contains the sessions, the students, details consisting of custom note fields, possible tutors and a communications log.
From the schedule the admin team can filter qualified and available tutors for all the sessions on the schedule and email the tutors to find out interest in the new Assignment.
With the default settings in Oases tutors do not see the Schedule but rather work in the individual sessions created in and belonging to the Schedule.
Sometimes, by changing the login permissions for tutors, the entire or part of the schedule may be released to the tutor and your employer may ask you to work via the schedule rather than in the individual sessions in the Calendar, Session List or Student Record.
This tutorial is designed to show you a basic process and you may see and do all or some of the following items. Your employer will direct you to specific requirements.
The Tutor View of the Schedule
1. It is possible to display the schedule to tutors in many configurations and the graphic below is one such example of a tutor view.
You will note that in this example the Sessions tab is the only tab present.
Working in a Schedule - Changing the First Session
Do this before you meet with the client so they receive the correct session reminder.
If you are to create your own sessions after speaking with the client for example there may be only one session on the schedule when it is assigned to you. This session will represent the customer's preferred day and time to start but is open to change depending on the information sent to you.
It is often referred to as the Anchor Session and must not be deleted or you may no longer have access to the schedule. Instead you will update it to reflect what occurred.
2. Update this first session to represent your first meeting with the client by pressing on the blue session number to open the session.
3. When the session opens update the date and time as required and add any notes to the Student Session Note area.
You may change the date and time and even the service delivery location but do not change the Session Type. Only change the duration if you have been advised by your company that this is permissible. Press Save to save your changes and return to the schedule.
Closing out a Session on a Schedule
Whether you created the session, edited the Anchor session or all of your sessions were created for you the close out is required and will consist of tasks from the following points and your company will advise what they would like to be done.
4. Student Session Note - To add the Student Session Note press in the empty space below Student Note but in the Student row. A template may open to complete your notes or you may be advised to select a certain template. Add your notes as instructed.
5. Add Homework Assignment - If you are adding homework place a check mark in the Assignment Grid under the note to open Assignment Tracking. Press plus to add your homework assignment.
The parent has access to the full list of homework assignments so you can upload worksheets in case the student loses it.
6. Press Save on Homework and Save on the note to return to the session.
7. When you have done all of the required tasks press Submit and Save the session.
8. There will now be a 'Yes' in the Submit column in the schedule. This indicates to the company that you are finished with the session and they may approve it to send it to payroll. Without being submitted your session is not eligible for payroll.
Adding Additional Sessions to the Schedule
When you have set the schedule with the parent you will need to add all agreed sessions to the schedule to ensure that reminders are sent and your client can see the sessions when they login.
9. If you have been given access to the Create Multiple Sessions area of the schedule create additional sessions by following the instructions in SD01.
10. If you have been instructed to Create Single Sessions from the schedule press on the button Create Single Session.
11. The student will be on the session. Select the location, session type start date, start time and duration as required.