Standards and goals are used on Learning Plans to define the areas that will be tutored.
The Common Core and individual State Standards are pre-loaded for your use for MA, LA, SC and SS (Math, Language Arts, Science & Social Studies).
You can add to or edit the existing standards, add notes to existing standards or load your own standards in MA, LA, SC & SS or load standards for new subject codes (Instructional Focus Codes) other than the core four.
1. Hover over the small down arrow at the top right of the page next to your name. Press SET UP from the drop down menu.
2. The setup menu will open. From the Locations section select "Active Standards List".
3. Select a state or Common Core, instructional focus (IF), and grade. The existing pre-loaded standards will display.
4. If the box pops up empty like the example below opt to LOAD THIS STATE then follow the prompt.
5. In the grid you will now be presented with the standards available for your selections. A newly loaded or pre-loaded state will look like this.
Limit the Standards Available
6. In this page you are able to limit the the standards available for learning plans and progress reports.
7. To the left of the standard number there are green check marks showing the standard is available.
8. If someone in your company has previously edited the standards you may see red x's for inactive standards. To activate or deactivate a standard make sure it has a green check mark or red x to the left of the standard number.
Edit the Standards
9. On this page you can also edit the description by clicking on it, making your changes, and clicking outside the edit box and then pressing the save icon that lights up above the grid. In the example below a worksheet number is being added.
Add a Note to Standards
10. You can also use this page to add notes to a standard. Press on the relevant row under notes and add text. Make sure to save the grid when done. In the example below a note has been added. This note is not visible on learning plans and is for office use only.
You will only see the standards for the mainstream instructional focus' available in your database.
Add your own Standards
11. You can add your own standard to the existing standards list or to an instructional focus code you have added.
12. To add your own standard pull up the standard list as detailed in points 1 and 2 above. For the example below I am adding a standard to my Common Core Math standards for Grade 1 to include study skills.
13. Press the green plus sign in the tool bar to enter an empty row. This will add at the bottom of the list.
14. Scroll down to the new row and in the level column enter the level number. Number 1 is the bold overarching standard or the group heading. Level 2 would be all goals that sit under the overarching standard.
15. In the Standard column give your standard a code.
16. In the description write in your standard. For Level 1 this would be the group heading and for level 2 the actual skills or goals.
17. Press the highlighted icon to save your new standard.
18. Repeat for the sub skills/goals giving appropriate codes. Repeat for any other grades that need the standards.
19. When creating a learning plan these options will appear under Math. When study skills is selected then one or more of the Level 2 sub skills may be added.
Import Standards & Goals
20. If you have the same standards to add for each grade or multiple standards to add for each grade consider using the import spreadsheet template as it is easy to copy and paste text in the template.
21. Go To SET UP and select TEMPLATE IMPORT
22. Select a program from the state for which you are importing goals or select any program if importing goals to add to Common Core.
23. On the right hand side download the template for importing standards.
24. Add all standards to your import template following the examples on the template. Don't forget to remove the examples before uploading.
25. If the same standard is to appear for each grade it will need to be in the template for each grade.
26. Import your template by returning to the import page in Oases and pressing SELECT FILE on the standards upload row.
27. Use the up and down arrows on the rows to reorder standards.