Finalize Payroll by calculating totals.
Jump to Video
Perform all payroll preparations as detailed in PP01.
Methods of Finalizing or Closing Out Payroll
There are three ways to total gross payroll in Oases:
- Total out gross payroll for one employee.
- Total gross payroll with a manual adjustment for one employee (bonus or reimbursement).
- Total out gross payroll for all employees or all remaining employees at once where no manual adjustment is required.
The most efficient routine would be to total out payroll individually for any staff that have a manual adjustment or bonus to be paid, and then when you have completed those individuals, run everyone else in one batch.
Finalizing Payroll for One Employee
1. When the numbers are green (or as many as possible) press the total in the total column for the employee.
If the numbers are not green or the figures are zeros return to preparing to run payroll.
2. The TOTAL will turn pink and all the dollar amounts that were green will turn pink too to indicate they were included in the calculation.
3. Any amounts that are not pink have not been included in the calculation.
Prior Period Payroll Brought Forward
4. If a staff member has payroll from a prior period still to be closed out there will be a blue eye after their name in the PRIOR PERIOD column.
5. Pressing the figure in the total column when you see this flag will add the current period payroll and then include the prior period waiting to be paid. The total will be indigo to represent that there is prior period payroll included in the total. Individual sessions included in the total will be pink. (Using the 'pay all' method will also bring in prior period amounts and these items do not necessarily need to be closed out individually)
If you do not want to include any applicable prior period payroll then you can prevent this by running a manual adjustment payroll and remove the check to include prior pay.
If the staff member has a blue eye for prior period but their total is zero as no sessions that period, this item will not be picked up by a bulk run and will need to be totaled manually.
Finalizing Payroll with a Manual Adjustment
6. When the numbers are green (or as many as possible) press the employee's name to bring up the MANUAL ADJUSTMENT screen at the bottom of the page.
7. Select any bonus payments you wish to make. Hold down the CTRL key for more than one. (command on MAC)
8. Enter any reimbursements or manual pay in the other box and put an amount in the amount box box. (This amount in the OTHER field may be a negative, just place a minus sign in front of the dollar amount)
9. Remove or leave the check mark in the include prior period payroll box as required if one displays.
10. Press PAY.
11. The calculation will show at the bottom of the screen in the manual adjustment box and the total and sessions for that staff member will turn pink as complete.
12. The additional payments will also show on the main row and is included in the total.
13. If you included prior period payroll the total will be indigo to indicate the calculation has included prior pay.
14. Any amounts that are not pink have not been included in the calculation.
15. Gross Payroll close out is complete for that individual.
If you are reimbursing payments from the reimbursement field from within a session/s please see:
16. Repeat for other staff members with manual adjustments or run payroll for all remaining employees with no manual adjustment as detailed in the next section.
Finalizing Payroll in Bulk
When the numbers are green (or as many as possible) and you have closed out any staff with a manual adjustment you can total out the remaining employees in one go. If you have done any manual close outs for individuals press on the name of the first staff member in the list who is not closed out to continue.
WARNING: If you place a reimbursement figure in an employee and do not total out that employee separately the reimbursement figure will be applied to all remaining staff if you press the 'pay all' icon.
17. Adjust the record display on the grid so that all records are showing on one page.
18. Press the name of the first employee in the list who does not have a closed out (finalized total)
19. Press the CURRENCY icon in the tool bar.
20. The TOTALS will turn pink and all the dollar amounts that were green will turn pink too to indicate they were included in the calculation.
21. Any amounts that are not pink have not been included in the calculation.
22. Any PRIOR PERIOD PAYROLL will be calculated automatically and those totals will be indigo.
23. Gross PAYROLL is final for everyone with a pink/indigo total.
24. You may now export your payroll to excel or to a payroll company specified export for processing.
Closing Out Payroll Screen Cast Video