To create an automatic targeted learning plan Oases needs to know what the student should study if they struggle on a particular question or objective. This is done by associating a goal (standard) with each question on an answer key test or group of questions of a similar theme. Then, based on a student's test results Oases can compile a learning plan directed at the student's greatest areas of weakness.
Achieve Test - Standard Association has been done with Common Core standards for the Achieve pre-tests.
Achieve Test - Standard Association has not been done with individual state standards but you may set this up if required.
SAT & ACT - Standard Association has not be done for SAT or ACT practice tests. You may assign standards to create learning plans if required. Consider setting this up for one of each test to ensure all you students are measured the same way and this will also limit the amount of setup required.
1. Answer Key Tests must be loaded to associate standards.
2. If using State Standards please ensure the correct State Standards are loaded prior to commencing association. If you don't see the state you need or common core in this list go to Setup - Locations - Active Standards List.
3. Select which standards will be used on the Locations State page.
4. Hover over the small down arrow at the top right of the page next to your name. Press Setup from the drop down menu.
5. From the Student section select Test Answer Standards.
6. Select the state you wish to use the state standards from or select common core.
7. When you select the state name or common core a list of tests will appear that have answer keys and are ready for standards to be associated. Use the menu to find your tests.
8. Press on the test and Oases will display the test by default in the CONDENSED VIEW where just the benchmarks (objectives) will be listed and you can associate a standard by benchmark and it will apply to all questions in that benchmark.
9. Take the check-mark out of CONDENSED VIEW to allocate standards by individual question.
10. Regardless of whether you work in the condensed view or by question allocate a standard by pressing the Select Standards link to open the standards selector.
11. The selector will open blank as shown below.
12. Select the instructional focus in the top drop down menu. The grade should be there already but check it and if your test is ungraded choose the grade you wish to pull the standards from.
When selected the standards and goals will appear.
13. Select the goal that pertains to the benchmark or question (do not choose a bold over arching standard - The standard is displayed on the Learning Plan automatically if one of it's goals is selected). Do this by changing the red x to a green check mark by pressing the red x.
14. Press CLOSE. Your first standard has been associated.
15. Repeat until at least every benchmark has a standard associated. If you are working by question you can replace the check mark into CONDENSED VIEW at any time to see if at least each benchmark is covered.
16. When finished press Back and you will see the standard counter change. It will remain yellow until each question has a standard associated but remember it will still work if at least each benchmark has an association.
17. You can add text to your standards such as worksheet numbers or even load your own standards and goals to use for this process.