General Availability is added in blocks to your personal record, to depict when you would like to be considered available to work. Time is added as 'any given week' you may also link your personal Google or Outlook calendars to Oases and appointments in your calendar will show you as busy in Oases.
Check If You Can Add Your Availability
1. Check your availability page by logging in to Oases and hovering over the PEOPLE button in the main menu, then press STAFF.
2. then press AVAILABILITY in the sub menu.
3. Press in the calendar and if your cursor does not leave a green square your employer has locked the availability calendar. If a green square appears this area is live and you can program your availability. Proceed to point 4 for instructions.
4. The vacation calendar on the right may also be released for you to mark days off and may be tested in the same way. If a green square appears you have indicated you are not available on that day.
Add Your Availability
Availability is a general indication of when during any given week, you would like to be considered available to take on work.
To add availability:
5. Press on the availability calendar on a day you wish to indicate you are available for tutoring. A one hour block is instantly created.
6. Expand the block by dragging to indicate the full time you are available for tutoring. To do this hover over the block until the equals sign appears then pull the sign to increase the size of the time block. Drag the block to change the start time or day.
7. If you have two blocks on the same day with a period when you are not available ensure that you have a ‘white’ gap when you are not available. This is done by creating the first block then creating the second block.
8. If you already have a session booked in Oases then you don’t need to create ‘white non available’ spaces for these sessions. Show yourself as available and Oases will do the rest.
9. Repeat for all relevant days.
Note: If you are available for 3 hours please add one 3 hour block. Do not add 3 one hour blocks as you will not be considered available for longer sessions or a session that bridges the hour break.
10. If you are advised by your employer to program your availability and you do not program your availability you may miss out on new students as you will not be presented by Oases as available.
11. Activate Calendar Push to show your Oases sessions in your personal Google or Outlook calendar and show your personal appointments as busy in Oases. This is a push not a sync - information is pushed from one platform to the other but changes to Oases sessions must be made in Oases.
12. Do not program you availability to hit or span midnight to enable Intelligent Match and Schedule Availability to look at individual days.
Set Availability via TutorPlace