Create Programs or activate Districts to compartmentalize your business into cost centers or geographical areas.
Activating a pre-loaded School District will also allow you to activate pre-loaded schools.
Each Oases database will start with one program active that we name after your business but you may need to add a program for contracts or metro areas.
Activate a School District or Reactivate a Program
1. Hover over the small down arrow at the top right of the page next to your name. Press Setup from the drop down menu.
2. From the Locations section in the Setup menu select - Active Programs/Locations Lists or Active Districts/Locations Lists depending on your Oases settings.
3. Select the state in which you would like to activate schools or locations or create programs or reactivate a program.
4. If you have activated in this State before Oases will display all the federal school districts in that state in the left hand grid.
5. If this is the first time you have worked in this state and you need Federal schools press the button - Load This State, then confirm and the school districts will load.
6. A green check mark to the left of a district represents that at least one school in that district is active. The red X means that there are no schools in that district that are active and as such the district is inactive.
If you are not working with a school district you don't need to load them and can proceed with creating your own programs - Create a Program
7. Search for the district you would like to activate (or deactivate). When you find it, select the district in the list on the left, the schools within that district will load in the list on the right.
8. Just like the districts in the left hand grid any school with a green check mark is active, and the ones with a red X are not. If it is the first time you have selected a district, all schools will default to a red X and be inactive.
9. Simply click the icon to the left of the appropriate school to change to/from a green check mark to activate/deactivate.
10. The district will automatically become active by virtue of you activating a school within that district.
11. The active schools will go to the top of the school grid and the active district will go to the top of the district grid.
12. You also have the option of activating, or deactivating all locations in a district. Simply use the check mark or the X in the tool bar.
13. You can also search for a school by selecting a state, selecting a district, then using the search field top right to find a school within that district.
Create a Program
14. Press the Plus at the top of the left hand district/Program grid.
15. The new program will pop to the top of the list. Click in the new field twice to get an active cursor.
16. Type in the name of the district or program and it will save and list itself alphabetically.
Programs you add yourself will generate with one default service location called In Home.
Rename the Default Location in a new Program
17. Go to the main menu in Oases and select Locations. On the far right select Schools/Locations then select the name of your new Program.
18. Press on the name of the default location and rename the default on the right hand side and save.
Add New Service Delivery Location to Your New Program
19. Go to the main menu in Oases and select Locations. On the far right select Schools/Locations then select the name of your Program.
20. Press plus name and save your new service delivery location.