A look at the sessions grid from the Tutor's perspective.
How to update and submit a completed session.
Video - Regular Interface
Watch the video or scroll down to read written tutorial
Video - TutorPlace Interface
When you have taken a tutoring session you will need to go into Oases and confirm your and the student's time and make any particular notes you need to, about the session or about individual students.
You will need to submit the session as completed to the system to enable oases to generate your payroll. We all want to get paid so it's very important you do this as soon as possible after the session has completed.
1. Pull up your sessions by selecting sessions from the sessions tab. Use the filters to drill down to specific groups of sessions if needed.
2. Open the required session by pressing on the session number on the left hand side.
3. You can make general session notes in the top Session Notes Area. This note field will not show up on the Progress Report and is for information purposes only.
4. Enter a note next to the individual students by pressing in the notes area next to their name.
5. Change the red x to a green check if you want the note to appear on the student's progress report or be released to the parent through the parent log-in.
6. Check that each student has their attendance time entered under the relevant Instructional Focus column. If they studied two IF's that session, split the time between the columns appropriately.
7. If the student was absent and is a government student or a private pay student that will not be billed for the session make sure the time next to the student is zero and leave the student on the session (A green check mark next to their name). If the student no-showed and their parent will still be billed for the session leave the student time in the session and make the appropriate notes.
8. Upload any documents such as the student sign in sheet.
9. When all information is completed press the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the session. This is to alert your employer that you have performed all necessary actions within the session.
10. When the session is submitted save the session.
Once submitted the management staff will review and approve the session. Usually this is done by comparing the session to the sign in sheets, so if necessary make sure that the time sheets are submitted in a timely manner.
Allocation of student time
The student time in the student row will be allocated under the Instructional Focus codes using the following method:
1. If there is a Learning Plan for that student Oases will use the Instructional Focus code from the first goal on the LP.
2. If there is no Learning Plan, Oases will use the first Instructional Focus code in the check-boxes on the student's Program page.
3. If none of the Instructional Focus check-boxes are checked Oases will select the first Instructional Focus code.