This tutorial and video covers the very basics of logging into the Oases system for new staff from receiving the invitation email to set a password and logging in and finding help and applies to the regular tutor interface.
Watch the Video or Scroll down for written tutorial
1. The Oases system has maximum functionality when accessed through Firefox, Chrome or Safari. If you do not have the Firefox browser on your system you can go to www.mozilla.com. Select the green 'free download' button, it is free to download and once you have downloaded Firefox go ahead and open it up.
2. When your employer decides they want you to have access to the Oases system they will create your log-in which in turn will generate an email to you.
3. Go ahead and open the email and look for the link to Oases. Press the link (copy the link if it not showing live in your email) and place it in your Firefox address bar, press enter and it will take you to the registration page.
4. You will need to create a password for your Oases log in, this password has to be at least 6 digits and for security purposes we highly recommend that this password contains both letters and numbers.
5. When you have registered your password you can press the link to take you to the main log-in page.
6. You now have the oases URL in the address bar and this can be bookmarked for future reference.
7. Enter your user name and password. Your username will always be your email address your welcome email was sent to.
8. You can select the 'remember me' button to assist with future log-ins.
9. If at any point you forget your password you can click on the forgot-password button and put in your email. oases will send you your password.
10. When you have logged in to Oases you will arrive at the home page. On the left hand side you will have some personal statistics. In the center of the page you will have your message and alerts area and under that your task center. Remember to always check your messages, alerts and tasks.
11. If you would like to send a new message; select plus new message, define who you would like to send the message to, define whether it is a normal or persistent message. A persistent message will remain in the inbox until a predefined expiration date.
12. Now go to the STAFF page by hovering over PEOPLE in the main menu and clicking on the STAFF. You will see your information, make sure you keep it up to date. If you change anything press save at the top of the page. If you change your address be sure to message your employer using messages.
13. Go to the KNOWLEDGE BASE at the top of the page (hover over your name top right of the screen and select Knowledge Base) to watch the remaining training videos. Hover over your name top right of the screen and select knowledge base.